Friday, September 10, 2010

Random concepts 2

What I came up with for the street urchin. Top thumbnails was me trying to decide what the height for the kid would be, as well as the hairstyle, headwear (if any), and clothes. In the end I went for a more modern design for the clothes (nothing too 1930s) and gave him a small shoulder bag which he wears under the jacket. Basically, since he's a pickpocket, I wanted to give him various places to hide his loot (though I forgot to sketch the inside of the jacket, which is supposed to have a couple more pockets).  Didn't want a complicated design, though - I wanted him to look like your average street person, so as for people to not recognize him as easily if they find their purses to be slightly lighter than it was a few seconds earlier.

I also drew a closeup of his face, since the hat is covering most of it on the full-body one. Wanted to give him a smug look, like he's saying "I'm smarter than I look, so don't underestimate me". It also gave me the chance to add some extra details on him like dirt and stuff.

-- Nieves

No comments:

Post a Comment