Friday, September 24, 2010

LOTR Faerie


Here is my concept. As you can plainly see, it's a faerie.

I drew and painted/colored her in Sai, then brightened her up in Photoshop. I'll upload a picture of what she looked like before I edited her. I did use a base that I traced over for her body. The rest was drawn by me (including the hair).



See how darker she looks in this one?

There is a story behind her. Faeries don't exist in Middle-Earth. Instead, they reside in the Undying Lands, Valinor. They are typically seen with Vána the Ever-Young, younger sister of Yavanna and wife of Oromë. They help her tend to the plants and flowers that grow in her path. They have, however, been known to live in the gardens of Lórien. As for size, they can fit in the palm of your hand and, from a distance, they only seem like a twinkling light, like a firefly. They normally stay away from Middle Earth but there have been stories of faerie sightings, usually in the older forests such as Fangorn or Mirkwood. There haven't been any official sightings of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment